Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Goverment watching

In class we are watching a movie about Berlin and the part that became Communist. It was about a Stasi officer, which is a sercet police that watchs people in the eastern Gernmany a little after WWII ended.  The Stasi in the movie was watching a couple, the male was a play writer.  I found it interseting that one person would want to spend their life like that.  Not having a good social life and having to do such a crool thing like that.  I think that after the Holocaust the government in Gernmany should have learned their lesson.   I dont under stand the politics well, but I think after everything at the time, they should not have Stasi.

 I am lucky that I have never experienced this, or lived in a country with these rules.   I think its weird that a person was spying on me and my family.  The things that go on in a families home is private which is why we have a door, 4 sides of walls and a roof.  It is no one else's business to what is happening in that home.  I believe that Communist countries that spy on their citizens is disturbing, like watching them, going through that person home and listening to the conversations.  There is a reason why a home is private, some of the stuff that is say in a home is meant to be there and not have people knowing what it was about.  It would be different if they were on the street and they were speaking loudly but its still weird.  I am so glad that I live in  county that I don't have to worry about it.  The government was intersected in that couple because the girl was an actress and the boy was a play writer.  The play writters had to be watched because they didnt want some thing like didnt like about their country.  They werent aloud to say what ever they wanted to say.  The government put up like microphones and speakers to hear there conversations that were meant to be private.

The boss that is stalking the government gets so attacked to the couples life that he doesn't want to turn them in.  He was letting them fly, he didn't turn them in.  I can tell in this movie right now that the time of this and the place it took that the people were really wanted to re bell and didn't like it.  I don't know what it feels like to not live in a free country, but it looks horrible.  The boss doesn't really have a life outside of this job, he isn't social.

No comments:

Post a Comment