Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Machiavelli
One of our homework assessments this week was a reading called The Prince by Machiavelli. I found that reading really difficult to understand by the vocabulary and the thoughts that were being brought. In class we talked about this article and it started to make more sense. One example that Mr Moran gave to us in class was if Mr Moran gives us all A's in his class then we would all love him and his course. But if he knows your not doing any work he were grade you harder and will not get an A, and we would hate him then. This made me think, is our society or little Parker community circle on getting A's? You can not tell every one their getting an A, without an warning, with that they are not a truthful person. Is this fair or not? If Mr Moran promises something and then doesn't warn us, that's not fair. But does every one really deserve an A. All I know that, is that not everyone deserves an A, and I know that I am not one of those people. He wants us to be scared, so that we do our homework. In the article we dissucued that Machiavelli says that you have to make people scared of you. I am scared of some teachers or I don't want my grade to drop so I make sure that I turn in all my homework on time. Being afraid of some teachers can raise expectations to raise their grade and try harder. A lot of teachers at Parker say, if you don't do your homework you get a zero. But teachers don't want their students to hate them. But out of the Parker community that's how it is at every other school too. I think that's fair, you should only be getting credit for what you are doing and the work you put on the table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment