Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jewish School

When it came to the Tuesdays were I hated to go to Hebrew school, or when it was the Jewish holidays and had to sit it temple (which felt like a long time but was like only 2 hours).   As I little kid I didn't understand the whole meaning to go to Hebrew school and learn about the Jewish past, to kept the stories alive.  But now looking back my parents were able to give me something more than just going to Hebrew school, but to take those lessons learned and now knowing its a huge part of society and the why that people function with each other.  I hated to school, in the smelly old place next to a jungle gym, wanting to leave.  I hated Tuesday, when I was little, I thought being Jewish, was making food, art projects, celebrating holidays, and learning to read their writing.  When it came near my b'not mitzvah I was scared I didn't believe in anything,  nothing from that building I thought was true, I think it was because I wasn't engaged in the whole thing, it wasn't a choice for kids at five to choice what they are doing for the next 9 years for preperation for there big day.  I never since I was little believed in G-d or the religion or the stories that were told, but I use the good values to seek the world that I live in.   If you aren't in engaged at the beinging can you ever be plugged in at the end?
People like to know that some on is watching them, and that their life is under control in the way that some Jews have been living for a while.  Religion and at a young age tought in a Hebrew school can trier out the kids, Eddie the directer of the school was always telling us how to experience to be like a "Super Jew" but isn't religion just something you should be controlled by but letting us experience it our own way. And the morals that was taught to us a long time ago is playing a role now but letting us experience it differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment