In class today we worked on these lists, I thought the real huge difference from Monotheism and Polytheism was that one believes in several gods and the other religion is based off one god. We also read articles in class and taught the group I was in that these two religions have more similarities, and more differences than I thought there would be. My group and I learned alot by making these few lists which taught us they are similar. I also realized that for some of the Pros for monotheism was the opposite for Polytheism and that would go under Cons, and it was the same if you switch it.
Monotheism:
Believes in one god
Rational choice in religion
Concrete appeal
More believers in today's society
Popular now
Its more of a community
Most popular way that people now believe in religion
Polytheism:
More than one god or goddesses
Irrational
More historic around the BC
Choose who they would want to worship
How they are similar:
Beliefs are essential to both religions
Prayers to wellness and prosperity
Both religious communities
Religious laws
Polytheism
Pros:
Inflexible and strict
A god for everything
Freedom and who you want to worship
Cons: The many gods aren't has powerful than the one in monotheism's
Monotheism
Pros: Rational
Based off of individual beliefs
One god gives a lot of good faith to the believers
Its more dominate
One God can carry the whole religion
Cons:
One god can be stricter
Having different ways in the religion
No comments:
Post a Comment