Now that we finished cry freedom it was amazing and that it is a true story. The ending of the movie called Cry Freedom it was really sad, I really liked that you didnt know if they made it to England or if they were pulled down my the government. The saddest part in the movie for me was the list of black people that were banned and were held my the government and how the government lied about the way they died. Like how do people run into a chair and die and then they lied about it, it really shows how corrupt the government was run. I am really looking Forward to this unit in history even how upsetting and distruptimg it is to understand the series of events that take place, but it is important to understand what the government did. It is unthinkable of what the white government did the the Africans i think the worst part for me was when the flash back happened and the killing of kids and ruins of their sliam type area. And that the law of Africa was fine with it, also I find it shocking that the blacks were prominent and the whites were not but the government was runned by whites. So that the whites were minority in South Africa but at the same time runned the land.
I think that the white government was scared and threaten by Steve Biko because he was fighting for what he believed in. and probably thought he was a threat as a political activist from the white government in South Africa. And that he became "banned'' and not able to experience the rights of what the basics are for humans. Biko is a victim and does not blacks to became superior but he believes and was fighting till he died that they should be equal. But because Biko was a leader, he had to take one for the team, and their was many consequences. I could clearly see the message that the director was trying to show the polictial agenda in South Africa. I do not believe that the law in this case is right, and I am glad that this apartheid ended.
No comments:
Post a Comment